MHVillages.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Inside Mountain House > Home and Lot improvements and Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Heater recommendation!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Heater recommendation!!
    Posted: August-29-2017 at 9:33am

Water Heater Recommendation!

Tank vs Tankless

Our Water Heater just went out and we are thinking replacing with Tankless, does anyone have any recommendation? Since we currently have 74 gallons, we will like to keep that volume.

For those of you that have gone through this process, what do you recommend? Keeping in mind below info!

1. Cost of Installation & Maintenance

2. Performances

3. Efficiency 

4. Convenience

Thanks for your inputs…

“A good neighbor is one of the most effective crime prevention tools ever invented."

"What we don't know is what got us in trouble, what we thought we know is NOT true.

1hagop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hagop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2017 at 7:48am
I was going to go tankless. I called PGE to come out and put in a larger gas meter to accommodate the extra gas volume tankless needed. This is a free service. The techs came out and we began talking. They asked why I wanted the larger meter. Both techs said that most of their service calls we for people who had installed tankless and thought they had gas problems. In reality it was a tankless problem. They get plugged up and need to have maintenance  constantly. They techs did install the larger meter, they were not trying to get out of work, they were genuinely concerned and spoke against tankless. There were a couple of other issues and I can not remember what they were. On top of the issues was the cost. If I remember correctly ( this was 3 years ago) cost for tankless was upwards of $2500-$3500. I had simpson plumbing come out and replace, retro fit with pan add a hot water circulating pump, cost was $1100. The pump goes on top of the water heater and an adapter goes under the sink furthest from the tank. I get instant hot water at every tap. One other thing was life span, water heater 10 years, tankless 10 years. To me it was not worth it. 
President of the Society for the Advancement of Sarcasm. Like we need your support...

Sarc: My second favorite -asm.
Martyns View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2017 at 3:19pm
Much I appreciated...

ThanksThumbs Up

“A good neighbor is one of the most effective crime prevention tools ever invented."

"What we don't know is what got us in trouble, what we thought we know is NOT true.

JohnSouthern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSouthern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2017 at 4:58am
Hi Martyns, last week my sister has just got her water heater replaced with the help of heating repair service Bergen County NJ team. The team has years of experience in replacing and installing new water heater and also helps in installing other HVAC system. You can contact the team without any hesitation, as they provider quality service in an affordable rate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic