Forum Home Forum Home > Inside Mountain House > Mountain House Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revival of the Mococo Train Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
My name is Jeff but friends call me Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 9:18am
fran View Drop Down

The Brit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Jeff Jeff wrote:

Originally posted by fran fran wrote:

In a related point, this will affect getting to KImball high wouldn't it?

This depends on the direction you drive. Kimball will not be across any tracks. You could take 205 to 11th to get there.

The school buses are not allowed to go on the freeway AFAIK.

Fran
Jeff View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 11:20am
Mah bad...  Construction HAS started.

I've read in the paper that Kimball was to be built on the NW corner of 11th and Lammers. Later, I've read that the ground-breaking took-place on the SW corner.

I visited the site this morning and found the construction on the EAST side of S Lammers, a quarter mile south of the intersection.

I'll put this on the wiki later:

btra View Drop Down
Forum L337
Forum L337
Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 11:39am

Ugh.  Between this and the power plant, I am not too happy about where things appear to be going at the moment.  Our peaceful pasture seems headed towards a noisy, polluted industrial center.

Bob

Hags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by btra btra wrote:

Ugh.  Between this and the power plant, I am not too happy about where things appear to be going at the moment.  Our peaceful pasture seems headed towards a noisy, polluted industrial center.Bob

I am right there with you Bob. This is not what my hopes for MH where, or what I was told it would be. I understand the building slowing down, etc, but am not happy about trains and power plants.
Cardonaboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardonaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 6:10pm
Doubt the powerplant will ever happen.  They approved that before MH actually had a population.
atomco View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Cardonaboy Cardonaboy wrote:

Doubt the powerplant will ever happen.  They approved that before MH actually had a population.

That's what I'm hoping. It looks like it was originally planned and approved years ago. Sounds like if they're going to make it a go a second time around, they're going to have to file a whole new round of paperwork and have more public comment periods, etc. I'll be in line strongly opposing it. I think in the end it's not likely they'll put it so close to a populous area, but I'm not going to sit idle hoping.

The train line may never be revived either. UP is only thinking about it right now and it leaked to the press before they were ready to even discuss it. They'll be a fight against it for sure, but in the end, if UP really wants it, they'll get it.
btra View Drop Down
Forum L337
Forum L337
Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 8:41pm

I'm not so sure.  A relative in-law thinks he has a job on the labor force that will be building it.  I didn't ask too many questions because it would have been awkward - he was excited about what a good job it was going to be for him. But it indicates somebody is planning on it still happening, to the point of labor force planning.

Bob

Edited by btra - August-13-2008 at 8:44pm
bayareaboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayareaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by atomco atomco wrote:

That's what I'm hoping. It looks like it was originally planned and approved years ago. Sounds like if they're going to make it a go a second time around, they're going to have to file a whole new round of paperwork and have more public comment periods, etc. I'll be in line strongly opposing it. I think in the end it's not likely they'll put it so close to a populous area, but I'm not going to sit idle hoping.

The train line may never be revived either. UP is only thinking about it right now and it leaked to the press before they were ready to even discuss it. They'll be a fight against it for sure, but in the end, if UP really wants it, they'll get it.

It looks like UP already has the contracts signed with clients interested in their railroad shipping services. The way the article puts it, UP has already been through the "consideration stage" for quite some time and is releasing the information to the public.

I do wonder, however, of the route(s) which the current freight trains take to Roseville. Perhaps that route can be expanded or a second track can be added next to that route using the funds alloted for updating the Mococo line to cover part of the cost. UP can charge more for a more direct route to Roseville to cover the rest of the costs. Besides, with the current economy, the available inexpensive labor can help to realize that alternative.

I would also not count on the power plant not being built because of the change in population. As long as the company can save money from not relocating, they would build it unless the resident disapprove. Even then, they may just move a little further away. Hopefully, it does not get built where it affects residents.

Edited by bayareaboy - August-13-2008 at 9:15pm
petechu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petechu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2008 at 1:17am
I am a bit behind on this topic.  Does that mean the dead railroad behind Questa village will be re-activated again in the future?  or is it somewhere else?

Jeff View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2008 at 7:09am
That's the track in-question.
Thilag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thilag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2017 at 10:56am
Hi,

Is Mococo line from Martinez to Tracy is active now? I searched in the internet and couldn't find any latest update after this post. Is anybody who lives close to railroad on Questa village can confirm it?

Regards
Thilaga
btra View Drop Down
Forum L337
Forum L337
Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2017 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Thilag Thilag wrote:

Hi,

Is Mococo line from Martinez to Tracy is active now? I searched in the internet and couldn't find any latest update after this post. Is anybody who lives close to railroad on Questa village can confirm it?

Regards
Thilaga

It's not active.

If you're thinking about buying property adjacent to it, though, you are taking the risk that it could be restarted at any time without notice.  How probable that is is hard to say.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic