MHVillages.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Inside Mountain House > Home and Lot improvements and Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Landscaping 101

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plfatty10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 5:43pm

You will definetly want a tree that doesn't have very many flowers then. I will list the ones that don't attract as many bees. Podocarpus Gracillior , Chinese Pistache.  Cinnamon Camfer ( not listed above, but is a nice evergreen tree, many are located on Central Parkway in center divide). Raywood Ash, Australian Willow. A smaller one that doesn't attract bees is called a Xylosma Tree. Another piece of advice, when looking up these trees online, they will give you a height of how big they can get. In the best soils, and best weather conditions that may be true. Because of our clay soils, and strong winds, the trees don't tend to get quite as big.

K.Chapman
Sponsored Links

Altamont Lydia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Altamont Lydia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2014 at 11:51am

We used JC Landscaping also (2yrs ago) they did a Great Job at a very reasonable cost.  When we have guests over, they can't believe the price we paid for the work we got.  I don't have a BIG backyard, so that's why we concreted the whole thing to make better use of it. Plus no pets, so I don't have that issue either.  I would say, get your quotes (in writing).!Wink

ZiggyDude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZiggyDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 2:40pm
What was his price for stamped concrete per square foot ?
ZiggyDude
JohnSouthern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSouthern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 10:12pm
Beautiful backyard buddy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic