Google+

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracy Toyota repair center

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
balavhk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balavhk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tracy Toyota repair center
    Posted: June-24-2009 at 12:29am
Hi,

I need to get my car brakes serviced. Any suggestions about the Tracy Toyota Repair center will be helpful. I have never been to Tracy Toyota for repair service. I have had good & bad experiences with Toyota dealers at other cities like in some cases, they would exaggerate and force you for service.

Thanks in advance,
Bvhk
Jeff View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
My name is Jeff but friends call me Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 6:37am
I won't ever take a Toyota back to Tracy Toyota's service dept.  They made-up problems to repair on an old Toyota of mine when my then-wife brought it in for repair. Not-only did they tell her that the car required work that it didn't, they didn't do the work that was actually required. I pulled one spark plug at home and found the problem with the car. If they did the diagnosis that they said they did, they would have found all the oil pooled on the OUTSIDE of the plug in the plug tube.

Take your car to Tracy Motors: http://tracymotors.net/

I've found them to be very honest, do great work and at a very reasonable price. They've worked on my Dodge Caravan and Honda Civic.
Jackie View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
Life's too short for fake champagne

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 7:08am
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the information about Tracy Motors.  I've been taking my car to the Toyota dealer since we lived here and haven't had any problems.  

My Toyota is due for service and I was planning on taking it to the dealer, but now I'm thinking that it might be better to support the independent. Confused  

Any idea if they service Mercedes?  My neighbor is looking for a local repair shop.

Cheers,
JoeR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 8:28am
Hi,
I highly recommend trying local MH resident's shop. MT Motors, Matt Omary, he does excellant work, reasonably priced and has his shop in Tracy off of Larch road. He works on Mercedes, BMW and all other makes and models. Our family has been taking all our cars to him for the past 4-5 years. He can be reached at 209-346-6142 and tell him Joe sent you....Thanks
Joe
vinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 8:22pm
Stay away from Tracy toyota ... I had my car brake serviced from them (new pads and rotor resurfaced). It started making a weird noise after that whenever I apply brake. I took it back to them and they said they will charge for inspection and only if they find its their mistake, then they will refund the money. I don't trust them, how will they agree that its their mistake ... I might as well get it sorted out elsewhere and pay for it.
balavhk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balavhk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:15pm
Thanks guys for your valuable suggestions. It seems better to avoid Tracy Toyota. I love MHForum, it is really a good place to seek solutions and suggestions.
Best,
Bvhk
MommyDavila View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
Mamma Bear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MommyDavila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:58pm
I wouldn't take my car there unless I had to.  It is expensive.  Unfortunatley, they are the only place around that I know of that has the tools to service my tires, which are those never run flat kind.  If anyone knows of another shop that has the equipment to do it, please LMK.  I would be grateful.

I called Matt Omary to help us out with a starter problem with our Ford Expedition.  Over the phone, he didn't think it was the starter at all, just the battery.  We didn't know that WalMart insures their batteries.  So they replaced it for free and it fixed the problem.  He was a nice enough guy to talk to and since he provided free advice, I am grateful and would consider using him if we need service.
newsgraphics View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
Chris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newsgraphics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2009 at 11:13am
Speaking of expensive Tracy Toyota, I find it incredible what some repair shops charge these days for their hourly rate.  $125 or $150 an hour is not unheard of.  That is ridiculous.  My mechanic (in the city where I work) charges $68 an hour, which I feel is reasonable.  $100+ per hour, I don't think so.  These guys aren't doctors or lawyers. A shop in Pleasanton hosed me last year for $138 an hour.

Edited by newsgraphics - June-25-2009 at 11:18am
balavhk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balavhk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2009 at 9:54am
Hi Friends,
As an FYI, I tried to contact both http://tracymotors.net/ and Matt (local MH guy Matt Omary) and left messages.
Surprisingly, I did not even get a courtesy return call !!! I am not sure they would like to have business Sleepy or won any lottery ...
Thanks,
Bvhk

cdog View Drop Down
Forum L337
Forum L337
C-Dog's Opinions are actually Facts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2009 at 10:54am
Originally posted by balavhk balavhk wrote:

Hi Friends,
As an FYI, I tried to contact both http://tracymotors.net/ and Matt (local MH guy Matt Omary) and left messages.
Surprisingly, I did not even get a courtesy return call !!! I am not sure they would like to have business Sleepy or won any lottery ...
Thanks,
Bvhk

I have had some work done with Matt, and I thought he was great.  Sorry you didn't get a callback.
Keeping it real in MH since 2007!!
Mountain House Running Club
Mountain House Poker Club
ibbrantan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibbrantan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2009 at 9:51am
i can do side jobs for most cars im a mechanic for johns european with 7years of bmw and mercedes experiance. i also work on most other cars. just email me with your car info and ill get back to you. ibbrantan@hotmail.com available all the time

regards
Brantan
chau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2009 at 1:18pm
We've been taking my Prius to Tracy Toyota too.  They can't seem to follow directions well. One time we asked them to set our tire pressure to what the door says, but they set it WAY below, to around 28 PSI. We noticed after a whole tank of gas because our MPG dropped drastically. Another time they did something else, but I forgot what since it has been awhile.  We're looking for a different place to take our Prius in for maintennance work.
RRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2009 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Jeff Jeff wrote:

I won't ever take a Toyota back to Tracy Toyota's service dept.  They made-up problems to repair on an old Toyota of mine when my then-wife brought it in for repair. Not-only did they tell her that the car required work that it didn't, they didn't do the work that was actually required. I pulled one spark plug at home and found the problem with the car. If they did the diagnosis that they said they did, they would have found all the oil pooled on the OUTSIDE of the plug in the plug tube.

Take your car to Tracy Motors: http://tracymotors.net/

I've found them to be very honest, do great work and at a very reasonable price. They've worked on my Dodge Caravan and Honda Civic.

Hi Jeff.  I also have a Dodge Caravan and it just started to act up last week.  The speedometer stays at 0 and there's a Gear 1 timing malfunction.  I have one them OBD Scanners and it gave me the codes for those problems.  I shall contact tracymotors soon.
"Nessuna tassa aumento! "
TiffandMark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiffandMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2009 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by newsgraphics newsgraphics wrote:

Speaking of expensive Tracy Toyota, I find it incredible what some repair shops charge these days for their hourly rate.  $125 or $150 an hour is not unheard of.  That is ridiculous.  My mechanic (in the city where I work) charges $68 an hour, which I feel is reasonable.  $100+ per hour, I don't think so.  These guys aren't doctors or lawyers. A shop in Pleasanton hosed me last year for $138 an hour.

Generally, body shops charge insurance rates in this area of $60-$70/hr.  Walk in rates vary from about $75-$90/hr.

Mechanics/specialty shops/dealers generally charge $85-$150/hr

A helpful tip, when you goto a shop/dealer/mechanic, they usually have signs posted up outside/inside stating what insurance companies they are a 'select shop' for.  When getting an estimate, tell the estimator that you want an insurance rate estimate as you might file a claim through them. 
dadof3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 6:31am
It may be a little out of the way but I work for a body shop in San Ramon. We do a lot of work with Dublin Toyota. Service department is excellent. Yes, there is always someone who has had a bad experience somewhere.... but overall Dublin Toyota has an excellent service dept. You will pay as most places for the hourly rate (as stated by previous people $100-$140 per hour) but you also have to think of the warranty of the work performed also. Dublin Toyota does stand behind their work. I know our body shop charges anywhere from $65-$90 per hour labor rates. It is crazy! But that is how things are going these days.
newsgraphics View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
Chris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newsgraphics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 3:15pm
Just don't buy a new car at Dublin Toyota .... their dealer markups are a joke.  I recently bought a Prius for my mom, and when I talked to Dublin Toyota, they had a very take-it-or-leave-it attitude.  I ended up buying it at Piercey Toyota over in Milpitas... what a world of difference.
jdeantate View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeantate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 3:25pm
I don't know why but it seems while Toyota makes good cars, the dealerships seem to be shady at best. If you want a new car dealer you can check the BBB. While its of course got its own biases they are pretty accurate.
Now taking bets on when my next Anti-Trimark censorship will occur!
CoachLamb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Heather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachLamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 4:18pm
We bought a new Toyota Highlander in April and my experience with the Antioch dealership was awesome!  Yep, maybe a bit further away, but we got the car we wanted at the price we wanted with a trade in at the value I wanted.  I brought the car back there for the first service and they provided the oil change for free!Thumbs Up
mtnER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtnER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 4:28pm
I have had very good experiences with Walnut Creek Toyota. Bought two cars from them.

wwilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2011 at 1:57pm
I will never go to Tracy Toyota again! Ever!!!!

I called Tracy Toyota and requested an estimate for changing my water pump, timing belt and thermostat.This was preemptive maintenance. Nothing was broken.

Rick was great! He gave me an estimate for $575 and suggested I wait until next week because a coupon was expected to come out that would make it less. I called back later and the coupon didn't help but their estimate was competitive. I prepaid/orderd the water pump because it wasn't in stock. $169 for the water pump. Expensive(250% markup) but I didn't care because the job was competitive.

Two days later I arrive and talked to ZYNTHIA. I told her Rick took my order and quoted $575 for the job. ZYNTHIA acknowledged the "approved" price and pre ordered part in writing on the Tracy Toyota Estimate.

The next day I came to pick up my car. ZYNTHIA walks me to the cashier. ZYNTHIA has two stacks of paper. One stack is the one they send me home with and the other is the one I signed. ZYNTHIA looks me in my eye and tells me "I gave you a courtesy car wash and knocked another $50 off the price". The one I signed shows the lower $525 total ZYNTHIA generously promised. There was no mention of the prepaid water pump. I sign the paper and leave feeling suspicious.

I get home and look at my stack to find two receipts: Zynthia's $525 charge to my credit card and the phone ordered $169 water pump. I called Visa and both charges were showing on my account. I was furious!

Tracy Toyota has Zero integrity, excluding Rick.

I called ZYNTHIA twice and I couldn't reach her on the phone. Imagine that. I called Rick he wasn't even aware my vehicle was serviced. ZYNTHIA took his deal and charged me twice.

Rick cleaned up ZYNTHIA'S mess and sent a credit to my account.

I will never go to Tracy Toyota ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic