FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Class Action Lawsuit against Lennar?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
cdog View Drop Down
Forum L337
Forum L337
C-Dog's Opinions are actually Facts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Drew Drew wrote:

Our wicklund Lennar home has the same stucco issues.  I emailed Lennar about the cracks and within 24 hours Jennifer called to schedule an inspection.  After scheduling the appt but before they inspected the stucco, I got the letter from the lawyers and thought that must be why Lennar was so helpful even though we were the 3rd owners.  I figured Id give Lennar a chance since they were so willing to help but when it was all said and done, the repair job sucked.  My neighbors all had the same problem and Lennar came out, patched the stucco, and repainted their entire houses.  For us they did a quick patch job which looks like crap, touch up painted, which doesnt match, and then had my wife sign off the repair was done before my wife could consult with me. 

I applaud Lennars handling of the issue considering I am not the original owner but even if they get an A for effort, I am not happy.  Id like to get the lawyers name and number now, since I threw it away, and sign on.  I know several of my neighbors have.

They are sending me the paperwork.  I will scan it and post it once I receive it so that people can review it.
Keeping it real in MH since 2007!!
Mountain House Running Club
Mountain House Poker Club
Hags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:19pm
From what I remember, there was an issue of some bad patch of stucco on the Lennar homes, not all, but a good amount. The stucco is supposed to have a 20+ year warranty (or something like that), so any large cracks they have to repair, regardless on what # homeowner you are.

As for the letter from the "class action people", we have been getting them for the past 4.5 years. Its totally bogus as far as I can tell and being that I don't have any major problems with my house that I haven't been able to get fixed, i prefer not to give my personal information to them.

Good luck to everyone on thier home repairs. lennar has always been good to us.
pattymandy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattymandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 11:05pm
I own two Lennar houses now and I'm buying my third Lennar houses. I'm a happy Lennar owner. I have been living at my first Lennar house for three years. So far, I didn't notice any problems. My second Lennar house is an investment property. The AC was not working after we bought it. The inspector told us that the pipe was not properly installed at first place. We contacted Lennar and they fixed it even though it already passed the warranty period. Their customer service people are very nice and friendly. If you have any issue with your Lennar home, I suggest that you contact Lennar first to see if Lennar can fix the issue for you.
tulip999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2009 at 12:55pm

I tried to contact Lennar last summer when we bought our home, with two seemingly simple issues.  I talked to both TX and the local rep and I was treated condecendingly(sp?) then ignored (no calls or eMail returned).

I am glad others were not treated as I was.

"It doesn't take all kinds, we just HAVE all kinds."
cdog View Drop Down
Forum L337
Forum L337
C-Dog's Opinions are actually Facts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2009 at 11:25am
For those interested, here is the documentation that the lawyers send you to sign on to the suit.

uploads/993/Lennar.pdf

I contacted Lennar, so we shall see what they can do for us before we sign on to the suit.

Keeping it real in MH since 2007!!
Mountain House Running Club
Mountain House Poker Club
CherRN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherRN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2009 at 1:53pm
One of the problems  homeowners have after going into a class action law suit is that after the law firm takes their cut (about 40% usually) the money that actually goes to the homeowner isn't enough to cover the cost of the repairs...I would work your hardest with the builder to fix the repairs. 
just my two cents
Drew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2009 at 2:58pm
Yeah, says 33-1/3% if its settled through litigation and 40% if its settled through trial or arbitration.  Theres also questionable language about what happens if the settlement is resolved through repairs and not monetarily. 

"In the event the action is resolved by means of the defense making direct repairs to my (our) home, I (we) agree that the defense shall pay the costs incurred by MAK and the legal fee in the same percentages as above relative to the fair market value of the repair"

I dont know how all this actually works but it seems like I shouldnt be able to agree that the defense will pay MAK if the defense repairs my house instead of paying out cash.  Would the arbitrator or judge or whoever award MAK 40% of the value of the repair? or since I agreed the defense would pay and they didnt, would I be liable?  I just dont understand how I, the plaintiff, can make any kind of binding agreement on behalf of the defense, you know?

greenkamel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenkamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2010 at 11:58am
Can someone please forward me the contact info for Lennar? I have a few items I would like them to fix. Also does anyone know if the house frames in Colebrook section of Wicklund are wood or metal?

Thanks
Jim View Drop Down
Forum L337
Forum L337
Jim Lamb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2010 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by greenkamel greenkamel wrote:

I have a few items I would like them to fix. Also does anyone know if the house frames in Colebrook section of Wicklund are wood or metal?

I'm pretty sure all of Colebrook was built with wood framing.
Opinions and information provided by me are mine alone and do not necessarily represent the board or districts point of view.
Jim Lamb
jattsrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jattsrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2010 at 5:12pm
Easiest way to figure out if you have wood or metal... take a peak at your upstair attic room if you have an access panel
Drew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2010 at 5:13pm
Lennarowner67 View Drop Down
Cortney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lennarowner67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 11:34am
I just contacted Lennar on Friday regarding my "bird" issues. 1st let me say, they are NOT pigeons. They are these small little annoying chirp makers. They are cute enough, but they are eating through decorative pieces we have between our roof and the walls. (our roof overhangs about 8", these piece connect the overhang and the walls, does that make sense), well the birds are eating through the decorative piece because they were not installed all the way to the roof line. There is a little gap that the birds have started calling home and the decorative pieces are styrofoam, so it looks like it is snowing everyday as these little beasts eat through them. Lennar is coming to inspect tomorrow AM. They stated on the phone that they build "model quality", so if you can prove the model looks a different way, they will for sure fix it. Just an FYI- I have to go check out my model tonight and see, hopefully the owners don't mind! =)

Hey if you own Model 2 at Cobblestone on Ventura, I am coming over tonight, don't mind me checking out your decorative pieces!!

I will post tomorrow and update you all!
tulip999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 11:54am

Good luck getting much out of Lennar or their rep's around here.  Twice I have had them spend time with me, even though I knew that my issue was out of warrentee and i was willing to pay for it - in the 19 months we have been here, they have not followed through with anything they said they would.

On the birds - I had sparrows or finches nesting in all corners of my place when we moved in.  I got ahold of Nation Wide Bird Control,  ( www.nwbird.com ) at 209-835-5654.  They responded quickly, camre out several times to expand their work to make sure the birds could not get in any more.  They are terrific.

"It doesn't take all kinds, we just HAVE all kinds."
Lennarowner67 View Drop Down
Cortney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lennarowner67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 12:13pm
I am counting my blessings then. Pretty much everything I have requested has gotten fixed or replaced. My guy was great and then they transferred him to another community (obviously) and so I will see how the new guy works out tomorrow. I really don't want to have to pay out of pocket if it is something Lennar did not install these correctly. I might use your company if this doesn't get resolved tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch for the contact info!

Edited by Lennarowner67 - March-16-2010 at 12:13pm
apricotgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apricotgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2010 at 10:44am
We also have a Lennar home and though already out-of-warranty, they fixed a bulb issue in our home for free.
ebrls60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebrls60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 1:20am
I wish they'd fix the "bulb" issue they left us with.  You can't find replacement bulbs without special ordering and spending an arm and a leg!!  GRRRRRR!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
jdeantate View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeantate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 1:39am
If you have the recessed 4 pin type bulbs you can pick them up pretty cheap. http://www.1000bulbs.com/26W-3500-Kelvin-GX24Q-3-Base-Compact-Fluorescent/

You just have to order them online, not at home depot where they charge you over $8 a piece.

Edited by Jeff - March-28-2010 at 9:41am
Now taking bets on when my next Anti-Trimark censorship will occur!
ebrls60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebrls60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 9:20am
AWESOME!!!  Thanks for the tip!!!! Thumbs Up
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Tatum4 View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tatum4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2010 at 5:43pm
Hey, if Jeff or another admin reads this thread... is there a way we can pin threads... or setup a wiki for posts like these. At some point I'll need these bulbs and this link will really be helpful!
jdeantate View Drop Down
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeantate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2010 at 6:23pm
When you pull out the bulb it will have a model number directly on it. You can just search for that model online and find compatible bulbs really easily. I can also shoot you a private message with that info if you'd like.
Now taking bets on when my next Anti-Trimark censorship will occur!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic