Facebook
Google+
Google+

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tiffany Piano

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DANR49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANR49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiffany Piano
    Posted: August-03-2008 at 8:42pm

A few years I bought my wife an old Tiffany upright piano. It was manufactured in New York and my research found that Tiffany designed pianos for Steinway. That is all I have been able to find. Anyone familar with Tiffany pianos or able to direct me in my search into the history of this piano? Thanks, Dan

Edited by DANR49 - August-03-2008 at 8:43pm
I'm drinkin' from my saucer 'cause my cup is overflowed - Jimmy Dean
ValleyArts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ValleyArts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 2:51am
International Piano in Tracy may be of some assistance. 833-8098
"I took the road less traveled by and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost
ValleyArts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ValleyArts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 3:07am
http://www.metmuseum.org/special/tiffany_laurelton/view_1.asp?item=3 

This item was shown at the Met.  You may be able to find something by tracking down/emailing the curator of the show? The Met in NY has a musical instruments division and has quite a few Tiffany things.  I'd imagine they may have a curator who specializes in all things Tiffany.
"I took the road less traveled by and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost
DANR49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANR49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 8:52am
Thanks, I'll call the Tracy store. I viewed the Met site, but I'll revisit and see if I can get a phone#. I don't think I have a treasure , but I'm guessing it is from the 30's or 40's. You never know, it is in ok shape and the piano tuner says it sounds great. Just curious when and where it was made, it has a visible serial#.
I'm drinkin' from my saucer 'cause my cup is overflowed - Jimmy Dean
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic