Facebook
Google+
Google+

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fishing at Bethany Reservoir?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DNA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fishing at Bethany Reservoir?
    Posted: April-25-2008 at 10:22pm
Anyone here fishes at Bethany Reservoir. I'd like to take up fishing on the weekends. Can someone give me tips? I don't own a boat and i'm a beginner. How's it like there?
SGee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2008 at 11:51pm
Will you be fishing from shore or boat?  What are you fishing for?  I've been in there a few times with a boat and only caught a few fish.  You can probably catch some bass from the shore with plastic worms.
coryweltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coryweltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2008 at 11:17am
Actually right now you have a lot of smaller striped bass biting on anchovies and mackerel,unless your on a boat trolling. I was just up there the other day and caught about 8 12" - 16" stripers in a matter of 2 hrs. Not of legal size to keep, but still fun to reel in. The bigger stripers start showing up in the beginning of June. Other than stripers you have large mouth bass which any sort of lure or plastic baits will work; Catfish which will bite of anchovies or chicken livers; as well as some blue gill that I really havent fished much for. Hope this helps some. Maybe see you up there sometime.
Cory Weltz

Coryweltz@yahoo.com
925-580-8379
DNA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2008 at 12:08pm
I'd be fishing on shore. Don't really have much fishing experience really, but i'd like to try it out. I have an old pole, any suggestions on which lures and hooks to buy at the store for stripers and large mouth bass?catfish? thanks for the help!
SGee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2008 at 4:19pm
You might want to try fishing at Clifton Court Forebay.  I've always had pretty good results there.  Just go to the local bait shop and buy some frozen sardines for stripers.  There's a bait/gas shop on the corner of tracy/grantline.  If you're fishing for bass, you can catch them with plastics worms.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic